Sling IDE tooling 1.0
The 1.0 release will be a release with minimal release which will allow users to sync content between their IDE and the repository.
Our IDE tooling should not focus on a single IDE and the naming should reflect that. Possible names
- Sling Developer Tools
- Sling IDE
We will aim to support Eclipse and IntelliJ with a first 1.0 release.
The core services will be IDE-agnostic and aim to support all platforms. As such, they will be constrained to not use specific APIs. Eclipse mandates that all I/O operations be done using its resource layer.
The server control service will handle communication with a Sling Launchpad instance, including
- connecting ( validating credentials )
- starting and stopping ( only possible for JAR-based launchpad )
Contains the APIs needed to connect to Sling launchpad and import/export content.
File vault is in process of being donated to to ASF and is a good candidate for a transport implementation.
- Mature application and library
- Already used to import, export and sync content
- Works at JCR, not at resource level
Lightweight HTTP-based transport
The current implementation is based on the Sling DefaultGetServlet and DefaultPostServlet and is another candidate for a transport implementation.
- Works at resource level
- Does not work reliably if the DefaultGetServlet is not active for a certain resource