What Hosts Are Involved?
What Skill Levels Are Needed by an Admin?
- ubuntu (all aux service hosts areubuntu 12.04)
- apt-get, apparmor
- httpd, local installation as defined in ASF
- php, generic installation
- puppet, config as defined in ASF
- sshd, config as defined in ASF
- svn, usage depend on the single server, but in general all static changes are defined here
- apbackup, as used by ASF
- /root/bin, helper scripts
- security applications, as defined in ASF (details are on purpose not given to a public list).
Service Specific Skills
- ooo-wiki: MediaWiki, ATS
- ooo-forums: php2bb (remark multiforum setup with links)
Via Nagios and circonus standard setup.
Detected alerts goes to #asfinfra, infra-team and vm-team.
Proposed Admin Roles and further discussion: