Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.99.3, released on
November 6, 2013 from the sqoop2 branch.
* No further releases are planned at this time.
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 35 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from October 9, 2013 to January 1, 2014.
* In the past three months, a total of 225 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 697 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* Last addition to committers was on June 20, 2013 when Hari Shreedharan and
Venkat Ranganathan joined as committers.
* Last appointment to Sqoop PMC was done on September 22, 2012 with
Kathleen Ting joining the PMC.
* A Sqoop meetup was held at the venue of Strata Hadoop World
2013 conference in New York on October 28, 2013.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 320 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 134 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 18 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.