MRUnit is a Java library that helps developers unit test Apache Hadoop
MapReduce jobs. Unit testing is a technique for improving project quality
and reducing overall costs by writing a small amount of code that can
automatically verify the software you write performs as intended. This is
considered a best practice in software development since it helps identify
defects early, before they're deployed to a production system.
- The last release of Apache MRUnit was version 1.0.0, released on
May 21, 2013. This was MRUnit's first release since graduation in May 2012.
- Voting on release 1.1.0rc0 is now open
- Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report: http://s.apache.org/QMa
- 4 JIRA's was resolved since the last report.
- Mail traffic is largely on the DEV list. Messages since Jan 1st: dev 20, user 14
- The composition of the committers and PMC members has not changed since
the last report.
- Currently there are:
- Total of 38 subscribers to the developer list.
- Total of 80 subscribers to the user list.
- Total of 10 committers
- Total of 10 PMC members
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.