Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational
databases. It can be used to import data from external structured
datastores into Hadoop Distributed File System or related systems like
Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be used to extract data from
Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores such as relational
databases and enterprise data warehouses.
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.99.3, released on
November 6, 2013 from the sqoop2 branch.
* Work is currently underway for the next release of Sqoop from
the trunk, targeting version 1.4.5.
* Dell Software is working on contributing a high performance Oracle
connector to the project. This work is currently tracked via
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 27 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from January 2, 2014 to April 1, 2014.
* In the past three months, a total of 222 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 369 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* Last addition to committers was on Feb 5, 2014 when Mengwei Ding
joined as a committer.
* Last appointment to Sqoop PMC was done on September 22, 2012 with
Kathleen Ting joining the PMC.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 348 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 145 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 19 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.