Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational
databases. It can be used to import data from external structured
datastores into Hadoop Distributed File System or related systems like
Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be used to extract data from
Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores such as relational
databases and enterprise data warehouses.
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.4.5, released on
August 12, 2014 from the trunk.
* No other release is planned at this time.
* Dell Software contributed a high performance Oracle connector to the
project. Sqoop PMC followed up on the IP clearance process outlined at
 and results are available at .
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 110 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from July 1, 2014 to October 1, 2014.
* In the past three months, a total of 408 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 2184 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* Last addition to committers was in August 2014 when Abraham Elhmarek
and David Robson joined as committers.
* Last appointment to PMC was done in August 2014 with Venkat Ranganathan
joining the PMC.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 398 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 151 subscribers to the dev list
- Total of 21 committers
- Total of 14 PMC members
* The current PMC affiliations are: Apple (2), Cloudera (4), Dell Software
(2), Etcetera (1), Hortonworks (1), JPL (1), Pivotal (1), StreamSets (1),
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.