Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to centrally manage and distribute software components, configuration data and other artifacts to target systems. ACE started incubation on April 24th 2009.
There are currently no issues requiring board or Incubator PMC attention.
- Angelo van der Sijpt accepted our invitation to become a committer, after contributing various patches related to a new Web UI.
- Toni Menzel contributed patches to migrate to a customized, Pax Runner based launcher and integrate the Web UI in Apache Felix Web Console.
- The GWT based Web UI is now fully functional. A lot of work has gone into this.
- An Apache Felix Web Console plugin was created so the ACE UI can also be displayed inside that console.
- Target artifacts are now built by Pax Runner, allowing us to easily use any OSGi framework implementation to run the software on.
- The configurator we use can now update configuration data on the fly.
- Fixed a lot of integration tests run in our continuous build. A few bugs still remain.
Licensing and other issues
- None at the moment.
Things to resolve prior to graduation
- Make a release.
- Grow the community some more.
Signed off by mentor: ...