Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on January 9, 2015
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational
databases. It can be used to import data from external structured
datastores into Hadoop Distributed File System or related systems like
Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be used to extract data from
Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores such as relational
databases and enterprise data warehouses.
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.99.4, released on
November 25, 2014 from the sqoop2 branch.
* No other release is planned at this time.
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 236 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from October 1, 2014 to January 1, 2015.
* In the past three months, a total of 225 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 697 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* The addition of a new committer was done in August 2014.
* The last appointment to the PMC was done in August 2014.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 423 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 147 subscribers to the dev list
- Total of 21 committers
- Total of 14 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.