To support flexible and powerful Enterprise Integration Patterns Camel supports various Languages to create an Expression or Predicate within either the Routing Domain Specific Language or the Xml Configuration.
When creating predicates (expressions that evaluate to
false), you can combine several predicates - regardless of the language they are built with - by using the PredicateBuilder class. For more information, see Compound Predicates.
The following languages are supported:
- Bean Language for using Java for expressions
- the unified EL from JSP and JSF
- Ref Language
- ExchangeProperty / Property
- Scripting Languages such as
- Spring Expression Language
Most of these languages is also supported used as Annotation Based Expression Language.