Submitted to email@example.com on July 7, 2015
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational
databases. It can be used to import data from external structured
datastores into Hadoop Distributed File System or related systems like
Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be used to extract data from
Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores such as relational
databases and enterprise data warehouses.
* In this quarter there have been two releases of Apache Sqoop - version
1.99.6 was released on May 11, 2015 from sqoop2 branch, and version 1.4.6
was released on May 10, 2015 from the master.
* No further releases are planned at this time.
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 122 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from April 1, 2015 to July 1, 2015.
* In the past three months, a total of 239 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 1624 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* The last addition of a new committer was done in June 2015.
* The last appointment to the PMC was done in March 2015.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 451 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 154 subscribers to the dev list
- Total of 24 committers
- Total of 15 PMC members
* Two developer meetings were held in the month of May. Minutes of those
meetings are available at 
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.