Sentry is a highly modular system for providing fine grained role
based authorization to both data and metadata stored on an Apache Hadoop
Sentry has been incubating since 2013-08-08.
Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
- Encourage more feature and direction discussions on the dev list rather than jira.
- Continue reporting on time
- Improve release schedules
Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
- Community has fixed all the issues raised except for the ongoing efforts mentioned in the previous section.
- Community is actively working on bug fixes and working to release 1.6.0 next month
- There have been multiple discussions on the dev list about features/ design decisions/ roadmap/
- Project is now doing monthly reporting
How has the community developed since the last report?
- We had <> messages on dev list last month. (Got number from )
How has the project developed since the last report?
About <> issues were created and about <> resolved(Numbers from jira).
Date of last release:
When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
Colin Ma, Dapeng Sun, Guoquan Shen and Xiaomeng Huang were added as committers on 12/24/2014. No new PPMC members have been added since the project has entered the incubator.
[ ](sentry) Arvind Prabhakar
[ ](sentry) Joe Brockmeier
[ ](sentry) David Nalley
[ ](sentry) Olivier Lamy
[ ](sentry) Patrick Hunt
[ ](sentry) Thomas White