The following provides instructions on how to set up your dev environment so you can start contributing to the Apache Metron project quickly.
The below instructions is with the IntelliJ as the IDE. However, you can use whatever IDE you would like to contribute to Metron.
- Create an account on Githhub if you don't already have an account.
- Download the latest version of IntelliJ
Setting up your Dev Env
The below provides instructions on how to setup your Dev environment with Github and IntelliJ
Fork the Metron Repo
We need to first fork the Apache Metron repo. Forking a repository allows you to freely experiment with changes without affecting the original project. See here for details on forking.
The below provides instructions on how to fork the Metron Repo:
- Log into your github account
- Go to https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron and click the Fork button and fork into your github account.
- You should now have a fork like: https://github.com/[github_user_name]/incubator-metron