CXF uses a standard maven build system and unit testing conventions. For those not familiar with that, here are some basic hints:
- We use JUnit as the testing API for writing tests. We currently have a mix of JUnit 4 and JUnit 3 tests. Over time, we'd like to get the remainder of the JUnit 3 stuff migrated to the JUnit 4.
- Tests live with the module in the src/test/java directory. In general, the src/test/java directory would have the same package layout as the src/main/java. This allows the tests to test the package protected methods.
- We use Easymock as our mock framework for producing more complex unit tests.
- To run all the tests in a module, just run "mvn test" in the module.
- To run a single test in a module, run "mvn test -Dtest=MyTest" where MyTest is the name of the test class (no package specified) that you want to run.