These are the highlights of new features or additions to existing features in 7.1.0. For the complete list of all changes see this Github PR list.
- ATS 7.1.0 Release Notes
- 15 New Features
- 124 Improvements
- 255 Fixed Bugs
- 2 Tests
HTTP/2 Server Push support added - requires a plugin and calling an API, there is an example plugin
- HTTP/2 is enabled by default
- IPv6 enabled by default
Future Deprecated Features
- A couple of header_rewrite operators are marked as deprecated now, and will be removed in 8.0.0. This includes
New Configuration Options
New Promoted Plugins
- AuthProxy - Delegates the authorization decision of a request to an external HTTP service.
- Background Fetch - Proactively fetch content from Origin in a way that it will fill the object into cache.
- ESI - Implements the Edge Side Includes (ESI) specification.
- Generator - Generate arbitrary response data for testing/benchmarking.
- Regex Revalidate - Configurable rules for forcing cache object revalidations using regular expressions.
- AWS S3 Authentication - Support for Amazon S3 authentication features.
- XDebug - Allows HTTP clients to debug the operation of the Traffic Server cache using the X-Debug header.
New Plugins (in experimental)
- Header Frequency - Count the frequency of headers.