Sling is a framework to develop content centric web applications based on the idea of modularizing the rendering of HTTP resources.
Sling entered incubation on September 5th, 2007.
- Sling presented at ApacheCon US 07 FeatherTalk and held a BOF
- The new Sling API has been voted upon and replaces the current Component API
- microsling added to Sling as simple entry level framework exhibiting the mechanisms of Sling. microsling was also used as a proof of concept for the new Sling API and greatly influenced its evolution.
- Two contributions of the community added to microsling and Sling: Freemarker support by Padraic Hannon and Ruby integration by Shawn Anderson.
Issues before graduation
- Make an incubating Sling release
- Grow a more diverse community (so far only commits from Day employees)
Licensing and other issues