Current state: Done
Discussion thread: N/A
Currently the website and documentation is hosted separately. The documentation is in bookkeeper repo, while the websiste content is in Apache CMS repo.
- Can't use github pull requests for reviewing website content changes.
- There are too many manual steps for publishing documentation and website.
Change the website/documentation build system to use static generators like Jekyll.
- Copy the website content to bookkeeper main repo. So the source files of documentation and website both sit at bookkeeper main repo.
- directory 'website' for keeping the static content that will rarely be updated.
- directory 'docs' for keeping the content that is along with releases. they might be updated each release.
The generated static content will be kept in asf-site branch, hence the content will be automatically pushed to bookkeeper.apache.org.
Copy the website content to bookkeeper main repo and redesign the website/documentation using Jekyll.
- Enable gitpubsub on bookkeeper repo - https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available
- INFRA Ticket: INFRA-14700 - Move BookKeeper Website from CMS to gitpubsub Closed
- Github Issue: https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/294