Apache CarbonData community is pleased to announce the release of the Version 1.1.1 in The Apache Software Foundation (ASF). CarbonData is a new BigData native file format for faster interactive query using advanced columnar storage, index, compression, and encoding techniques to improve computing efficiency. In turn it will help to speedup queries an order of magnitude faster over PetaBytes of data.
We encourage everyone to download the release https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/carbondata/1.1.1, and feedback through the CarbonData user mailing lists!
This release(1.1.1) is a patch, some key improvements and bug fix as below :
- Data update and delete with Spark 2.1.
- Improve measure filter performance by ~2-4 times.
- Bug fix:
- [CARBONDATA-946] - TUPLEID implicit column support in spark 2.1
- [CARBONDATA-1146] - V3 format support for delete operation in IUD.
- [CARBONDATA-904] - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
- [CARBONDATA-905] - Unable to execute method public: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException
- [CARBONDATA-989] - decompressing error while load 'gz' and 'bz2' data into table
- [CARBONDATA-1050] - int and short measures should not be considered as long.
- [CARBONDATA-1056] - Data_load failure using single_pass true with spark 2.1
- [CARBONDATA-1060] - Query statistics issue in case of multiple blocklet and block
- [CARBONDATA-1061] - If AL_DICTIONARY_PATH is used in load option then by SINGLE_PASS must be used.
- [CARBONDATA-1070] - Not In Filter Expression throwing NullPointer Exception
- [CARBONDATA-1075] - Close Dictionary Server when application ends
- [CARBONDATA-1091] - Implicit column tupleId is not returning results if VectorReader is enabled.
- [CARBONDATA-1107] - Multi User load on same table is failing with NullPointerException
- [CARBONDATA-1109] - Page lost in load process when last page is not be consumed at the end
- [CARBONDATA-1134] - Generate redundant folders under integration model when run test cases with mvn command in spark1.6
- [CARBONDATA-1138] - Exception is expected if SORT_COLUMNS hava duplicate column name
- [CARBONDATA-1145] - Single-pass loading not work on partition table
- [CARBONDATA-1151] - Update useful-tips-on-carbondata.md
- [CARBONDATA-1154] - Driver Side IUD Performance Optimization
- [CARBONDATA-1156] - IUD Performance Improvement And Synchonizaion issue
- [CARBONDATA-1159] - Batch sort loading is not proper without synchronization
- [CARBONDATA-1172] - Batch load fails randomly
- [CARBONDATA-1177] - Fixed batch sort synchronization issue
- [CARBONDATA-1194] - Problem in filling/processing multiple implicit columns
- [CARBONDATA-1204] - Update operation fail and generate extra records when test with big data
- [CARBONDATA-1207] - Resource leak problem in CarbonDictionaryWriter
- [CARBONDATA-1211] - Implicit Column Projection
- [CARBONDATA-1222] - Residual files created from Update are not deleted after clean operation
- [CARBONDATA-1254] - Post Alter Describe Formatted is listing deleted column in Sort_Colums
- [CARBONDATA-1265] - Fix AllDictionaryExample because it is only supported when single_pass is true