This Confluence has been LDAP enabled, if you are an ASF Committer, please use your LDAP Credentials to login. Any problems file an INFRA jira ticket please.

Child pages
  • 2017-09-06 Meeting notes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 7 Current »

Date

Agenda Summary:

In total there 42 items that must be reviewed during the first quarterly call. Following is a schedule on how we are setting the time aside for each company based on number of things they have listed, on average - each item gets 1.5 minutes.

The presenter must stop at the time specified in table below for next speaker to proceed.

Please note - this is a very high level talk and we will not be going into finer details of how it will be implemented - due to time constraint.

Development Discussions

  • 9:03 AM PST - 9:05 AM PST
    • General information on how this call will be moderated
      • Moderator will give the presenter an option to decide how he wants to manage the time allotted for their projects
      • If presenter is finished before time allotted - he can choose to hold brief Q&A
      • We will be using Webex for this meeting and leverage chat for questions and answers. As presenter moves from one topic to the next, i will paste the topic name in chat and let attendees write their questions. 
      • Due to time constraint - presenter does not have to answer the questions on the call and chat - but can do it as post on mailing lists
      • Moderator will take meeting notes and update this page
      • Moderator will ask the audience if they seen any concerns - if they do, their name will be noted and we will ask for presenter to take this discussion on dev list

  • 9:06 AM PST - 9:26AM PST
    • ShapeBlue  - 14 items 
  • 9:27 AM PST - 9:40 AM PST
    • Accelerite - 8 items
  • 9:41 AM PST - 9:50 AM PST
    • Nuage - 6 items
  • 9:51 AM PST - 9:55 AM PST
    • ENA - 2 items
  • 9:56 AM PST - 10:00 AM PST
    • CloudOps - 2 items

Community Discussions

  • 10:01 AM PST - 10:10 AM PST
    • Accelerite - 5 Items 
  • 10:11 AM PST - 10:20 AM PST
    • ShapeBlue - 5 Items
  • 10:21 AM PST - 10:30+ AM PST
    • Next Steps

Development Efforts:

  • Listed by number of items presenters need to discuss, sorted from highest to lower..

Company: ShapeBlue

Feature Name Securing Agent Comms (CA Framework)

  • Summary The aim of this feature is to provide pluggable CA (certificate authority) management in CloudStack that can fetch/provision certificates to (new) host(s) and systemvms. As a default CA plugin, a root CA plugin will be implement where CloudStack becomes a self-signed Root Certificate Authority. Developers will have option to implement further integration with their TLS/SSL cert providers such as letsencrypt and other vendors.
  • FS_Jira https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Secure+Agent+Communications
  • Lead Dev R Yadav
  • Release Target 4.11

Feature Name Error code framework

  • Summary Aim is to get understandable, actionable errors out of CloudStack, ie not 'insufficient capacity'.
    BitWork Software have implemented some context based interpretation in their UI. We hope to work with them and others to implement a framework in side CloudStack)
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev D Hoogland
  • Release Target TBC

Feature Name Enable Dedication of Public IP range to CPVM/SSVM

  • Summary By dedicating a small public IP range to only CPVM and SSVM, firewall rules can be used to control inbound access to this smaller range without affecting public traffic destined for the VRs.
    Such security is a general best practice, but also highly desireable in PCI DSS compliant environments
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev TBC
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Feature Name Multi-disk OVA import + Additional OVA metadata

  • Summary Many users add data disks to their instances, migration of these between platforms (ie onboarding) is greatly simplified by being able to import mu
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev N Vasquez
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Feature Name Fix and Update template checksum validation

Feature Name Add Layer 2 network type

  • Summary Required for any kind of service chaining, currently users have to resort to creating networks with IP allocations that they don't want.
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev TBC
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Feature Name New UI Framework

  • Summary Aim is to work with BitWorks and their existing UI to create a flexible framework upon which a next generation UI
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev TBC
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Feature Name System VM diagnostics API

  • Summary Enable administrators to perform basic tasks such as ping (over default and specific interfaces) tracert, retrieve logs and configuration files. This will greatly simplify an admin's job by largely removing the need to log into System VMs.
    Also enable admin to increase/decrease logging verbosity on specific system VMs via API.
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev TBC
  • Release Target Q1 2018

Feature Name Ability to request a range of public IPs (v4 and v6)

  • Summary Required for IPv6 routing in CloudStack, and also for users who prefer to deal with a block of IPs rather than individual IPs as this greatly simplifies ACLs.
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev TBC
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Feature Name CloudStack Metrics Exporter for Prometheus

Feature Name Embedded Jetty

  • Summary CloudStack installation has huge dependency on distro provided tomcat, by moving to embedded jetty (like we do use jetty for development) we can sync how developers develop/test mgmt servers and users use it. In addition, it will be easier to publish pkgs without depending on distro provided dependencies.
  • FS_Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10012
  • Lead Dev R Yadav
  • Release Target 4.11

Feature Name Debian 9 SystemVM template

  • Summary Required update, Debian7 is EOL, moving to Debian9 will give; newer kernel, newer packages, Smaller disk footprint (faster deployment and more space efficient) and Systemd should give quicker boot time
  • FS_Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10013
  • Lead Dev R Yadav
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Feature Name Enable dedication of public IPs to system VMs (CPVM/SSVM)

  • Summary Allow a public IP range to be dedicated to CPVM/SSVM, allowing external firewall control of ports which are allowed to connect to CPVM/SSVM from "outside" CloudStack.
  • FS_Jira TBC
  • Lead Dev N Vasquez
  • Release Target Q4 2017

Company: Accelerite

Feature Name Affinity Group at Domain Level

  • Summary Currently the affinity groups are scoped at account level. The enhancement is to scope it at domain level or project level
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target
  • Meeting notes:

Feature Name Bulk Provisioning of VM from UI

  • Summary Ability to provision VMs in bulk from UI
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Feature Name Strongswan: Multiple subnets in IKEv1

  • Summary We lost the ability to specify multiple subnets for S2S VPN using Ikev1 after we moved to Stongswan.Would like to enhance this
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Feature Name Hyper-V Snapshots

  • Summary Ability to create snapshots in Hyper-V setups.
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Feature Name CPU cores per socket

  • Summary Ability to update CPU cores per socket for a VM.
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Feature Name Cinder Integration

  • Summary Integrate with Cinder block storage
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Feature Name OVA Import Robustness

  • Summary Currently there are many issues with OVA import and usage. Will be enhancing to fix all the issues.
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Feature Name Hyper-V Clustering

  • Summary Support Hyper-V Clustering.
  • Link to FS and/or JIRA None
  • Lead Developer
  • Release target

Company: Nuage Networks

Feature Name Network migration support

Feature Name Extra DHCP options support

Feature Name VPC Inline LB

Feature Name Statistics / Caching

Feature Name Config Drive

Feature Name Nuage VSP 5.0 Support

  • JIRA TBD
  • PR TBD
  • Lead Developer Frank Maximus
  • Release Target 4.11.0.0

Company: CloudOps

Feature Name Baremetal using MaaS

Feature Name NoVNC Console

Company: ENA 


Feature Name
 Ceph/RBD Support for new KVM HA Framework

  • Lead Developer David Marby
  • Summary Extend KVM HA Framework to support Ceph/RBD backend
  • Design
  • JIRA 
  • PR
  • Release Target

Feature Name Ability to Specify Mac Address when plugging a network

Community Effort

Company: ShapeBlue

Subject CloudStack fat jar packaging

  • Short Summary CloudStack installation has huge dependency on distro provided tomcat, by moving to embedded jetty (like we do use jetty for development) we can sync how developers develop/test mgmt servers and users use it. In addition, it will be easier to publish pkgs without depending on distro provided dependencies.
  • Lead(s) R Yadav/MA Brothier
  • Target Date

Subject Debian9 systemvmtemplate

  • Short Summary Required update, Debian7 is EOL, moving to Debian9 will give; newer kernel, newer packages, Smaller disk footprint (faster deployment and more space efficient) and Systemd should give quicker boot time
  • Lead(s) R Yadav/W Hollander
  • Target Date

Subject 4.9.3.0

  • Short Summary Backport of bug fixes to 4.9 branch and release 4.9.3.0.
  • Lead(s) R Yadav
  • Target Date

Subject Winston

  • Short Summary WIP - PoC of Phase 1 (consolidated data storage) in ShapeBlue Lab - Elasticsearch instance receiving test run data from Trillian & Blue Orangutan. Once it has a decent amount I'll come to community for ideas and feedback (and help). By the time of the conf call I will have updated: Project Winston
  • Lead(s) P Angus
  • Target Date
  • Meeting Notes:

Subject Marvin Test Categories

  • Short Summary Enable quicker, targeted test runs in Marvin, by allowing user to specify Which element(s) are touched ie. Networking
  • Lead(s) B Stoyanov
  • Target Date

Company: Accelerite

Subject Release Management

  • Short summary Accelerite has been doing Release management for many releases for Cloudstack. Most recently 4.10. We will continue these efforts
  • Lead(s) Rajani
  • Target date
  • Meeting Notes:

Subject PR Process

  • Short summary Current PR process takes quite a long for a PR to get merged. Couple of examples (1) there are comments on the PR that were addressed by the author but no one may respond (2) there are comments from reviewers and the author does not respond. The whole process can take potentially a longtime if either the author or the reviewers take time to respond. Can we think about implementing some kind of validating on the Prs.. Bottomline is how can we improve ?
  • Lead(s) TBD
  • Target date
  • Meeting Notes:

Subject Regression Tests

  • Short Summary There are a number of tests in the integration folder which are not run. Need to group these together and start running them.
  • Lead(s) Raja/Looking for support
  • Target Date TBD
  • Meeting Notes:

Subject Release Qualification

  • Short Summary RC to Readiness takes quite a bit of time. Can we discuss on ways to improve this.
  • Lead(s) Raja/Looking for support
  • Target Date TBD
  • Meeting Notes:

Subject Performance Testing

  • Short Summary Add Performance tests. Need hardware where we can run these tests on?
  • Lead(s) Raja/Looking for support
  • Target Date TBD
  • Meeting Notes:

Blockers

-- TBD

Attendees

Goals

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
    

Action items

  •  


  • No labels