Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta is the Apache NetBeans incubator release of the NetBeans Java SE IDE, i.e., the NetBeans Platform that underpins NetBeans IDE, together with all the features and tools applicable to general Java development – including Java Swing, JavaFX, and the support created specifically for Java 9, i.e., JShell, JLink, and Jigsaw.
Tasks to be completed for Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta to be released:
- clear out Rat: https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-linux/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt
- clear out the problems in verify-libs-and-licenses
- look at DEPENDENCIES and other files, if there are any issues, fix them
- start the IDE, and check the licenses shown, texts, About window, etc. make sense (fix what does not)
- folks have some bugs reported with label Java9-IDE. I am not sure if those absolutely need to be fixed for the first/beta release, but we should check which we want.