The Apache Incubator CXF team is proud to announce the availability of the 2.1 release!
What's new in CXF 2.1:
- JAX-WS 2.1 support - the JAX-WS implementation has been updated to the JAX-WS 2.1 specification level. Code generatation is JAX-WS 2.1/JAXB 2.1 compliant.
- Initial implementation of JAX-RS 0.6 REST based service framework.
- CORBA binding merged from Yoko - JAX-WS Clients/Servers can talk IIOP to allow communication with other CORBA processess. Tooling for IDL -> WSDL, WSDL -> IDL, etc... are there to support this.
- New java2ws tooling to support better "java first" development patterns.
- xmlbeans runtime support to allow using XmlBeans for the data model.
- MANY MANY bugfixes, performance enhancements, etc... Too numerous to list individually.
Finally, the major new "non-code" feature:
- This is our first release after graduating from the incubator as a Top Level Project. Thus, this is a full "non-incubator" release.