Camel 2.23.0 Release (currently in progress)
New and Noteworthy
Welcome to the 2.23.0 release which approx XXX issues resolved (new features, improvements and bug fixes such as...)
- Additional component level options can now be configured via spring-boot auto-configuration and these options is included in spring-boot component metadata json file descriptor for tooling assistance.
- Added section with all the spring boot auto configuration options for all the components, data-formats and languages to the documentation.
- All the Camel Spring Boot starter JARs now include META-INF/spring-autoconfigure-metadata.properties file in their JARs to optimise Spring Boot auto-configuration
- The Throttler now supports correlation groups based on dynamic expression so you can group messages into different throttled sets.
- The Hystrix EIP now allows to inherit Camel's error handler so you retry the entire Hystrix EIP block agin if you have enabled error handling with redeliveries.
- SQL and ElSql consumers now support dynamic query parameters in route from. Notice its limited to be mostly about calling beans via simple expressions.
The following noteworthy bugs has been fixed:
- The Aggregator2 has been fixed to not propgate control headers for forcing completion of all groups, so it will not happen again if another aggregator EIP are in use later during routing.
- Fixed Tracer not working if redelivery was turned on the error handler
- The built-in type converter for XML Documents may output parsing errors to stdout, which has now been fixed to output via the logging API.
- Fixed SFTP writing files via the charset option would not work if the message body was streaming based.
- Fixed Zipkin root id to not be reused when routing over multiple routes to group them together into a single parent span.
- Fixed optimised toD when using HTTP endpoints had a bug when hostname contains ip address with digits.
- Fixed thread-safety issue with
- camel-fhir - For working with the FHIR health-care protocol
New Data Formats
HttpBindinginterface has new methods for setting fileNameExtWhiteList option.
Important changes to consider when upgrading
- The Camel -starter JARs for Spring Boot has limited the possibility of using nested configuration for only known Camel types such as SSLContextParameters. Beforehand it was too open and may generate tooling metadata that would apper as you can configure these options despite the java class was not supportive of this.
Getting the Distributions
PGP Signature file of download
The above URLs use redirection
The above URLs use the Apache Mirror system to redirect you to a suitable mirror for your download. Some users have experienced issues with some versions of browsers (e.g. some Safari browsers). If the download doesn't seem to work for you from the above URL then try using FireFox
PGP Signature file of download
Getting the Binaries using Maven 2
To use this release in your maven project, the proper dependency configuration that you should use in your Maven POM is:
Git Tag Checkout
For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see the: