See also: OOo-Sitemap, OpenOffice Domains, Transition Planning
At some point Oracle will reclaim their servers that are currently running the OpenOffice.org website. We need a plan to transition services and content from that site to other sites, including Apache-hosted.
Goals for successful transition should include:
- External links to OpenOffice.org, and there are many thousands of them, are not broken. This could be done by preserving URLs or by doing redirects
- Popular public-facing, end-user and community services should remain at the OpenOffice.org website
- Project oriented services, such as bug tracking, code repositories, etc., should be transitioned to ooo.a.o.
- A survey of existing OOo services , describing what is there, in terms of services and content, with indications as to what areas are current versus legacy and which areas get the most traffic (volunteers = ???)
- A recommendation, based on the above survey for how each service should be handled: archive, delete, migrate to public site, migrate to project site, other (Volunteers = ???)
- An infrastructure plan for how the needed migrations should occur (Volunteers = ???)
- Migration of the individual services (Volunteers = ???)
- Post migration monitoring and support for the inevitable thing that we miss (Volunteers = ???)