This is a work in progress and most data is in bits-and pieces. Some of it is sketchy. Please help improve the article further. It's a wiki and self-organizing so everyone is encouraged to contribute and improve the knowledge base.
1.To list all the queries hitting the CloudStack database
For seeing this one must enable the general query log of mysql
mysql> show variableslike '%log%';mysql> set global general_log=ON;
The default location of the general query log on most distributions is /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.log
2. Unable To Migrate the Instances which are with vCenter
Check if vMotion is enabled [http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1036145]
To enable vMotion
3. How to get the CloudStack version from database?
mysql>select *from cloud.versionorder by iddesc limit 1;
4. How to get the complete details of a vm instance?
mysql>select *from cloud.vm_instance;
5. How to enable trace logging for a particular class in CloudStack?
Add the following lines to /etc/cloud/management/log4j-cloud.xml
where namespace.of.your.class is the something like com.cloud.utils for example
6. How to enable the ssh in vmware esx server?
• Edit the configuration filefor SSH with the command:nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config• Find the line that starts with PermitRootLogin and change the no to yes. You can findthis line about2 pages down from the top. Save the file by first pressing Ctrl-O and then Enter.. Exit with Ctrl-X.• Restart the sshd service with the command: service sshd restart
7. Possible causes for Host to get into Alert State are :
1) Ping times out
8. Failed to deploy Virtual Router : Reasons
1) No capacity in hypervisor - CPU/Memory
9. How to enable innodb status to capture relevant db information?
1) To enable innodb logging, on every management server in the"db.properties" file add "includeInnodbStatusInDeadlockExceptions=true " to the"db.cloud.url.params" property
10. KVM How to revert libvirt from latest version to old version Cent OS 6.1 KVM
1) Move all cent os repos to /oldrepos folder from yum.repos.d
11. How to access router ?
1) Login to the host where Router VM is available2) Take the Link Local IP3) ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p3922 vr-link-local-ip
12. How to mount ISO and create Rhel repo ?
1) mkdir /root/nfssailaja
13. Define the conserve mode which comes with network offering ?
Ans: Conserve mode meaning, we want to conserve thepublic IP address. soif it is on , then we can use onepublic ip addrfor multiple purposes like pf, lb,static nat, source nat etc.if it is off, then onepublic ip serves only one purpose.
14. How to get Virt-manager working ?
yum groupinstall"X Window System"
15 .KVM host cleanup steps?
1. Unmount all Primary storages
16. Xenserver cleanup steps?
1. Destroy all VM's : xe vm-uninstall --multiple --force
17. How to write into the attached volumes of cloudstack intances ?
1. fdisk /dev/sd*
18. How to Enable HTTPS for CloudStack Web Interface?
Refer the documented information @ http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132008
19. How to deploy CS UserVMs with User-data?
First we need to encrypt the user data in Base64 format and later should be in URL encoded format.
eg: deploy a VM with user data "customer-data" and your
API request should be like "http://localhost:8096/client/?command=deployVirtualMachine&serviceofferingid=1&templateid=202&zoneid=1&userdata=Y3VzdG9tZXJWTQ%3D%3D
20. How to add Rhel5 repo?
1. mkdir /root/nfssailaja
21. How can I allocate a specific IP when I create an instance
1. Edit the vm ip in /var/run/cloud/<vm-name>.log file in host and restart the vm. This should update the security group rules in host.
2. Change VM ipaddress in db(nics table)3. Stop the vm4. Reboot the router5. Start the vm.
22. How to get more detailed description of a mysql db related error
mysql> SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS;
23. How to find if Xen PV drivers are installed on the instance?
1.Access VM console
24. How to redirect SQL query results to a file ?
1. Use -e option with mysql command
2. Ex : mysql -u root -ppassword cloud -e "select * from mysql.general_log" >> /mysqldetils1.log
25. How to retrieve only the desired results from mysql select statement results (limit the results)?
1. SELECT * FROM TableName LIMIT10;
2. Ex : mysql> select * from mysql.general_log LIMIT 10;
26. SSVM/CPVM are not working after DB dump from Management server 1 to Management Server2 ?
1. Access SSVM from Hypervisor and run /usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh
27. How to install VMWare tools on a guest VM?
1. Attach VMware tools ISO to the instance from Cloudstack
2. It would have got moved /dev/cdrom on your Cent OS
3. Access Instance and perform below steps
a. mkdir /sailaja
b. mount /dev/cdrom /sailaja (It gets mounted in a Read Only mode)
c. cd /sailaja/
4. Copy the tar file to any other folder and extract it (
tar zxf /mnt/cdrom/VMwareTools-5.0.0-<xxxx>.tar.gz)
5. Install the tools
28:How to install Xen tools on a guest VM?
[root@xenserver]# cd /mnt [root@xenserver]# ls [root@xenserver]# mkdir xs-tools [root@xenserver]# mount /dev/xvdd /mnt/xs-tools/ mount: block device /dev/xvdd is write-protected, mounting read-only [root@xenserver]# cd /mnt/xs-tools/Linux/ [root@xenserver]# bash install.sh