The May ASF board meeting already took place this week, so we will need to publish this report in time for next month's meeting.
Apache ActiveMQ is a popular and powerful open source messaging server. Apache ActiveMQ is fast, supports many cross language clients and protocols, comes with easy to use enterprise integration patterns and many advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1, J2EE 1.4, AMQP 1.0.
* The development and user lists continue to remain active
* Two resignations from the PMC, but upon further discussion and consideration, both have suspended the request
* New mailing list created for JIRA issues, git pull requests, etc. named email@example.com
* Donated code base renamed to ActiveMQ Artemis (based on a vote)
* Marc Schöchlin voted in as a committer on 16 May 2015
* Jeff Genender voted in as a committer on 16 May 2015
* Developing guidelines on what it takes to become a committer on the ActiveMQ project
* Discussions have started around some of the differences between the processes of the ActiveMQ community and the Artemis developer workflow to get them aligned with the expectations of the entire community.
* Development on ActiveMQ 5.12 is in progress and remains very active
* Development on ActiveMQ Artemis 1.0.1 is in progress and is active
* Development on ActiveMQ Apollo seems to have stalled
Trademark / Branding Status:
* Sub-projects need to be reviewed to make sure they are also compliant with trademark policies
* Documentation also being reviewed for compliance
* ActiveMQ Artemis 1.0.0 released on May 29, 2015
* ActiveMQ 5.10.2 and ActiveMQ 5.11.1 released on February 17, 2015