If you are looking to get started joining the Apache Metron community, this is a great place to start.
Apache Metron Community Resources
Join the Community - Getting Started
Follow the below steps to get started joining and contributing.
- Subscribe to the Apache Metron user mailing list, if you have questions about the capabilities and usage of Apache Metron.
- Subscribe to the Apache Metron dev mailing list, if you are interested in contributing to development discussions of Apache Metron.
- Subscribe to the Apache Metron issues mailing list, if you are interested in following the day-to-day development activities of Apache Metron.
- Introduce yourself on the user mailing list.
- Become familiar with the Metron code base: https://github.com/apache/metron
- Spin up Metron on single node VM as described above.
- Join the Metron IRC Channel: apache-metron
- Setup your development environment using the following instructions: Metron Development Environment Setup Instructions
Metron Slack Channel - Joining (ASF committers)
- Go to slack.com.
- For organization/group, you'll enter "the-asf"
- Use your Apache email for your login
- Click "Channels" and look for #metron (Created by ottO June 15, 2018)
Metron Slack Channel - Joining (non-ASF committers)
- Send a note to the dev@ or user@ list asking for an invite. A member will be able to add you - you should receive an email from Slack to confirm. Your email address will be used to create the account.
- Follow the steps above, except enter the email address that the invitation was sent to.