Release Notes for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4
Translations: Dutch (nl) | French (fr) | German (de) | Italian (it) | Russian (ru)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 is a maintenance release incorporating important bug fixes, security fixes, updated dictionaries, and build fixes. All users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 or earlier are advised to upgrade. You can download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 at the usual place. Please review these Release Notes to learn what is new in this version as well as important remarks concerning known issues and their workarounds.
Only use the original website "https://www.openoffice.org/download/" to download. The installed software can be verified with the About box (see menu "Help - About OpenOffice) by comparing the numbers with the reference data on the download webpage (see the text in the light green box). For Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 it has be to be "AOO414m5 | Build ID 9788 | SVN r1811857".
- BZ 119208 Cannot select a different icon set (menu "Tools - Options - View").
- BZ 125147 Crash when applying a style to a new text document.
- BZ 127176 Different installed Java Runtime Environment cannot be selected (menu "Tools - Options - Java").
- BZ 127553 Update links doesn't work for sections in 4.1.4-RC4
For a complete overview of all resolved issues please see the list in Bugzilla.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 supports the same languages as the previous releases:
Updated translations available in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 include:
|Basque (eu)||Galician (gl)||German (de)|
Valencian RACV (ca-XR)
|Valencian AVL (ca-XV)||Swedish (sv)|| |
Updated dictionaries available in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 include:
|Asturian (ast)||Catalan (ca)||English (en-GB)|
|English (en-US)||German (de)||German Austria (de-AT)|
|German Switzerland (de-CH)|
Portuguese European (pt)
|Spanish (es)||Valencian RACV (ca-XR)||Valencian AVL (ca-XV)|
For a complete list of available languages and language packs see the download webpage (click the language drop-down-box)
Binaries are still provided for the same platforms as for the previous OpenOffice 4.x releases:
- Linux 32-bit (RPM and DEB)
- Linux 64-bit (RPM and DEB)
- For macOS users:
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS X. This is a feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X systems.
- For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the following link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run. See the Mac support article.
- For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of the app. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password.This is needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.
- Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on OSX that do not have the legacy Apple Java 6 installed will not be able to recognize Oracle Java 7, 8, and possibly 9. The work around until the Java bug is fixed is to install the legacy version of Apple Java from the following link: Legacy Apple Java 6. This will allow the portions of AOO that require Java to run properly.
- For Windows users:
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 supports Java 8, which is the recommended configuration; but (especially on 64-bit Windows) you might receive warnings about the Java version being defective. In that case, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
- For developers:
- The OpenOffice SDK won't build with Java 8. Either build with --disable-odk or see the dev list archives for possible solutions.
Installation instructions can be found at: https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html
Stay informed about Apache OpenOffice
You are encouraged to subscribe to the Apache OpenOffice announcement mailing list to receive important notifications such as product updates and security patches. To subscribe you can send an email to: email@example.com.
You can also follow the project on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.