Release Notes for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
Translations: Dutch (nl) | French (fr) | German (de) | Italian (it) | Polish (pl) | Portuguese (pt)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 is a maintenance release aimed at correcting some regressions and delivering the latest English dictionary. All users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 or earlier are advised to upgrade. You can download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 at the usual place. Please review these Release Notes to learn what is new in this version as well as important remarks concerning known issues and their workarounds.
Only use the original website "https://www.openoffice.org/download/" to download. The installed software can be verified with the About box (see menu "Help - About OpenOffice) by comparing the numbers with the reference data on the download webpage (see the text in the light green box). For Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 it has be to be "AOO415m1 | Build ID 9789 | SVN r1817496".
- Bug Fixes
- Update for the English dictionaries
- BZ 127568 Diagrams become corrupt (not retrievable) when Calc document is saved
- BZ 127580 Fix for Issue 127568 created a new bug in Base
- BZ 127581 Writer crashes after copying all content
For a complete overview of all resolved issues please see the list in Bugzilla.
There are no new or updated Languages
For a complete list of available languages and language packs see the download webpage (click the language drop-down-box).
Binaries are still provided for the same platforms as for the previous OpenOffice 4.x releases:
- Linux 32-bit (RPM and DEB)
- Linux 64-bit (RPM and DEB)
For macOS users:
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS X. This is a feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X systems.
- For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the following link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run. See the Mac support article.
- For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of the app. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password.This is needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.
- Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on OS X that do not have the legacy Apple Java 6 installed will not be able to recognize Oracle Java 7 and 8. If not able to upgrade to Java 9 than install the legacy version of Apple Java from the following link: Legacy Apple Java 6. This will allow the portions of AOO that require Java to run properly.
For Windows users:
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 supports Java 8, which is the recommended configuration; but (especially on 64-bit Windows) you might receive warnings about the Java version being defective. In that case, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
- The OpenOffice SDK won't build with Java 8. Either build with --disable-odk or see the dev list archives for possible solutions.
Installation instructions can be found at: https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html
Stay informed about Apache OpenOffice
You are encouraged to subscribe to the Apache OpenOffice announcement mailing list to receive important notifications such as product updates and security patches. To subscribe you can send an email to: email@example.com.
You can also follow the project on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube.