Sling is a framework to develop content centric web applications based on the idea of modularizing the rendering of HTTP resources.
Sling entered incubation on September 5th, 2007.
- Although we don't see a deluge of users yet, there are signs that people are starting to use Sling in their projects.
- Sling has been presented at openexpo.ch and ApacheCon US.
- Lots of bug fixes and enhancements since the first release in June. Therefore we are considering another full release soon.
- Due to timing constraints work on enhancing the documentation on the site has not gone forward yet.
Issues before graduation
- Grow a more diverse community (so far commits mostly from Day employees).
Licensing and other issues