Welcome to the Apache Avro Wiki
This Wiki provides unofficial information about Apache Avro.
The official Avro website is at http://avro.apache.org/.
Avro is a data serialization system.
- Rich data structures.
- A compact, fast, binary data format.
- A container file, to store persistent data.
- Remote procedure call (RPC).
- Simple integration with dynamic languages. Code generation is not required to read or write data files nor to use or implement RPC protocols. Code generation as an optional optimization, only worth implementing for statically typed languages.
- The official documentation for the current release.
- Supported Languages table
- Quick Start Guide
- Porting Existing RPC Frameworks
- Powered By Avro
- Using Avro with
- How To Contribute
- Build Documentation
- Code Review Checklist
- How To Release
- Avro Enhancement Proposals
- Interoperability Testing
- Experimental features in Avro