CXF 3.0.1 Release Notes
Apache CXF 3.0.1 delivers the latest set of patches and bug fixes for Apache CXF 3.0.1. This release fixes over 85 JIRA issues that have been reported by users.
- This release updated to JAXB to the latest 2.2.10-b140310.1920 release. This release adds a new dependency jar of "jaxb-core-2.2.10-b140310.1920.jar". If you do not update to the latest JAXB, you may need to exclude that jar.
- If you are using AES encryption with GCM for symmetric encryption in XML/WS-Security, there is a problem if you are using BouncyCastle < 1.49 or 1.50. To circumvent this either of the following steps can be taken:
- Upgrade to BouncyCastle 1.49 (or 1.51 when it gets released) OR
- Set the system property "org.apache.xml.security.cipher.gcm.useIvParameterSpec" to "true".
Before installing Apache CXF, make sure the following products,
with the specified versions, are installed on your system:
- Java 6 Development Kit
- Maven 2.2.1 or later
Java 6 Development Kit
You must install the J2SE Development Kit (JDK) 6.0, which can be downloaded
After installing the JDK, set or modify the following environment variables:
- JAVA_HOME – set this environment variable
to point at the root directory of the JDK 5.0 installation.
- PATH – make sure that your PATH includes:
Building the Samples
Building the samples included in the binary distribution is easy. Change to
the samples directory and follow the build instructions in the README.txt file
included with each sample.
If you have any problems or want to send feedback of any kind, please e-mail the
cxf dev list, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also file issues in JIRA at:
For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see the release notes.