Apache CXF Fediz: An Open-Source Web Security Framework
Apache CXF Fediz is a subproject of CXF. Fediz helps you to secure your web applications and delegates security enforcement to the underlying application server. With Fediz, authentication is externalized from your web application to an identity provider installed as a dedicated server component. Apache CXF Fediz supports both WS-Federation Passive Requestor Profile and the SAML Web Browser SSO Profile. Fediz supports Claims Based Access Control beyond Role Based Access Control (RBAC).
October 8, 2018 - Apache CXF Fediz 1.4.5 released
Apache CXF Fediz 1.4.5 is released. New features include supporting custom claims handling (transformation) in the plugins and SAML SSO support in the Jetty and Spring security plugins. See the download page for more information.
June 29, 2018 - Apache CXF Fediz 1.4.4 released
Apache CXF Fediz 1.4.4 has been released. A new security advisory has been released for an issue that was fixed in this release:
- CVE-2018-8038: Apache CXF Fediz is vulnerable to DTD based XML attacks
The Apache CXF Fediz sources are hosted at Apache gitbox. This includes a full two way sync with github. As github provides the nicer user interface we now recommend to directly work on the github cxf repo.
- Web Browsing: https://github.com/apache/cxf-fediz
- Checking out from GIT: git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:apache/cxf-fediz.git
CXF committers can directly commit to github after doing the Apache gitbox setup. Be aware that the sync might take half an hour before you are added to the CXF github group.
- Forking and Pull Requests: See Getting Involved
- Building the Source: Follow the BUILDING.txt file in the Fediz download for full build instructions.
- Eclipse: See this page for information on using the Eclipse IDE with the Fediz source code. This page is created for CXF but the same commands are applicable for Fediz too.
Apache CXF Fediz user guide
- Fediz Architecture
- Relying Party Containers
- Fediz IdP
- Fediz IdP 1.0 (deprecated)
- Fediz Metadata
- Fediz Samples
- Fediz Articles
- Fediz History