Apache Flume is a distributed, reliable, and available system for
efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log
data to scalable data storage systems such as Apache Hadoop's HDFS.
* The last release of Flume was version 1.7.0, released on October
* No other releases are planned at this time.
* Project activity has picked up over the past
few months, and a number of new contributors are active
contributing code, reviews and responding to user and developer
queries on mailing lists.
* A total of 52 issues have been filed, and 40 issues have been
resolved between the period starting August 8, 2016 and November 6,
* Approximately 978 messages were exchanged on the dev list in the
past three months, while a total of 52 were exchanged on the user
list in this period.
* Two new committers, Balazs Donat Bessenyei and Jeff Holoman
were elected to the project on September 21, 2016.
* The last time a new PMC member was elected for the project was
on November 4, 2014.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 292 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 687 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 28 committers
- Total of 21 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.