This section describes a method that will be especially useful for testing small changes in JSP files without having to go through a cumbersome reload process. This example will demonstrates configuring the plancreator plugin for tomcat:
- Modify (GERONIMO_HOME}\var\catalina\conf\web.xml:
- Set the development parameter to true in the init-param to org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
- Edit (add if doesn't exist) the modificationTestInterval to 0
- In the webapp that you intend to modify, find the web.xml and remove the servlet and servlet-mapping of the jsp you intend to modify and test.
For example, for PlanCreator, edit the plancreator-console-tomcat-2.2-SNAPSHOT.car\WEB-INF\web.xml.
- Restart the server with these settings in place.
Once this is done, you can modify the jsp in place and hit refresh to test it. It'll be recompiled each time.