Various articles and documents have been written about Apache JMeter. This page has links to a few of these.
- Developer Tutorial By Mike Stover and Peter Lin
- Load Testing your Applications with Apache JMeter - By Keld H. Hansen 2003-02-05 (Java Boutique, JMeter 1.8)
- Using JMeter - By Budi Kurniawan 2003-01-15 (On Java, Jmeter 1.8)
- Regression Testing With JMeter (PHP Builder, JMeter 1.8)
- AN OVERVIEW OF LOAD TEST TOOLS - By J. BURET and N. DROZE 2003-02-27 (objectweb, 1723kB PDF file, JMeter 1.8?)
- Covers OpenSTA, Diesel Test, Test Maker, Grinder, Load Sim, JMeter, Load Runner (Load Test) and Rubis.
- Also includes a long list of applications from 123 Load Test to Zeus.
- Putting Your DB2 Database to the Test: Measuring Performance with JMeter - Kulvir Singh Bhogal, March 2003 (IBM Developerworks, JMeter 1.8)
- Load Testing with Apache JMeter - Javid Jamae and Kulvir Sign Bhogal, December 2003 (Devx, JMeter 1.9.1)
- So you want high performance - By Peter Lin 20-9-2003 (Tomcat Resource page, 311KB PDF)
- Follow up Performance testing article - By Peter Lin updated 2-29-2004 with corrections (Apache, 715kB Zip file, includes 1st article)
- Introduction to JMeter for beginners - blog entry on Tuesday April 20 - By Peter Lin 4-20-2004
- Using Apache Access Logs with JMeter Written by Geoff Mottram. Includes some JMeter tips and archive of scripts.
- Test your Web Application’s Performance Written by Martin Gajdos - April, 2007. A step by step tutorial on how to use jMeter as a web stress testing tool.
- How to Analyze the Results of a Large Scale Load Test Written by Alon Girmonsky - December 16, 2011. A step by step tutorial on how to analyze the results of large scale load tests.
- Converting LoadRunner scripts to JMeter JMX By Mark Pors March, 2011. An open source script to convert LoadRunner scripts to JMeter jmx format.
- JMeter Tips - Blog of Victor Klepikovskiy about JMeter tips and tricks
- JMeter Resources - Articles, Books, Tips, Tutorials, Wiki.