This guide is for those who are new to Juneau and want to contribute code, specifically those who do not have write access to our repositories https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-juneau.git or https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-juneau-website.git
- Create a fork of the repository you want to contribute to - https://github.com/apache/incubator-juneau - or - https://github.com/apache/incubator-juneau-website - the fork button is in the top right corner
- Clone your fork of the repository locally
- Make changes to your local clone. If you haven't already, create a JIRA issue.
- Commit them locally, using the commit format of "JIRA-TICKET - What you changed" e.g. "JUNEAU-123 - Made JUNEAU better."
- Push these changes to your fork
- Navigate back to your fork or to our github repositories and you'll see an option to create a new pull request.
- Click on the blue link "Pull request" to bring up the create pull request screen.
- After you've filled out a title and description, click on the green "Create pull request" button.