Branch cutting planned for March 21, 2016. First RC is planned for March 22, 2016. RCs will roll out as needed until the release vote passes.
The release manager is Gwen Shapira
How to Contribute
Before April 26:
- Participate in votes and discussions to land or postpone the open KIPs
- Review patches. We anticipate that this release will be bottlenecked mostly on reviews. The more reviewers, the more content we can fit in.
- Write system tests. We want to preserve the tradition of high-quality releases in Apache Kafka.
After April 26:
- Test the release candidates
- Open bugs on important issues found
- Fix bugs
- Review bug fixes
- Vote on RCs. Even though only PMC votes are binding, community votes are super important as we evaluate the readiness of the release
Due to important proposals being caught "in-flight" and low participation in the release votes, we decided to push out the release by 3 weeks. The next release candidate will be rolled out by April 22.
Until then, commits will go to trunk, with weekly merges to 0.10.0 branch on Mondays.
FAILING TEST: kafka.api.ProducerBounceTest > testBrokerFailure
Nov 13, 2015
May 03, 2017
|KAFKA-2837||FAILING TEST: kafka.api.ProducerBounceTest > testBrokerFailure||Nov 13, 2015||May 03, 2017||jin xing||Gwen Shapira||Reopened||Unresolved|
Note: The planned content is not binding - final content will be based the features committed by branch-cutting date.
|KIP-31||Relative offsets in compressed messages||KAFKA-2511||Committed|
|KIP-32||Add timestamps to messages||KAFKA-2511||Committed|
|KIP-41||KafkaConsumer max records||KAFKA-3007||Committed|
|KIP-45||Standardize client sequences||KAFKA-3006||Committed|
|KIP-51||List Connectors REST API||KAFKA-3316||Committed|
|KIP-4||Admin API||KAFKA-1694||Changes to Metadata Protocol committed|
|KIP-35||Protocol version improvements||KAFKA-3304||Committed|
|KIP-52||Connector Control API||KAFKA-2370, KAFKA-3506||Committed|
|KIP-56||Allow cross origin HTTP requests on all HTTP methods||KAFKA-3578||Committed|
|KIP-57||Interoperable LZ4 Framing||KAFKA-3160||Committed|
|KIP-33||Time-based index||KAFKA-3163||In review - not included in release|
|KIP-47||Timestamp-based deletion policy||KAFKA-3224||In vote|
|KIP-49||Fair Partition Assignment policy||Under discussion|
|KIP-50||Improve Authz interface||KAFKA-3186||In review - not included in release|