How to perform a release of the Log4j Kotlin API.
mvn clean verifyon the project to make sure it builds cleanly.
- Make sure you have an up to date PGP key (at least 4096-bit RSA or stronger) in the Logging KEYS file along with having it mirrored in a common public PGP key repository such as https://pgp.mit.edu/.
- Ensure you have your credentials set up in
~/.m2/settings.xmlas described in Log4j 2 Release Process.
- TODO: insert information about using encrypted passwords.
pom.xmland change the
Log4jKotlinVersionproperty to the new version.
- Update the
Log4jReleaseKeyproperties if necessary.
mvn site && mvn site:stage -DstagingDirectory=$HOME/log4j-kotlinand make sure the site looks alright.
mvn -Papache-release -DskipTests -Darguments="DskipTests" release:prepare release:perform -DreleaseVersion=n.n.n -DdevelopmentVersion=n.n.n-SNAPSHOT -Dtag=log4j-api-kotlin-n.n.n-rcnto start the release. Enter your GPG signing key when prompted.
- Login to https://repository.apache.org/ with your ASF credentials. Select "Staging Repositories", then find the newly created orgapachelogging-* staging repository and close it.
- Checkout the release tag and run
mvn site && mvn site:stage -DstagingDirectory=$HOME/log4j-kotlinto stage the site.
- Commit the generated site to GitHub Pages somewhere to stage it.
- Copy the archives and signatures from
for f in *.bz2 *.gz *.zip; do shasum -a 512 $f >$f.sha512; shasum -a 256 $f >$f.sha256; doneto generate hashsums.
- Send a release vote email to email@example.com with links to everything.
- If the release fails, drop the staging repository on repository.a.o and start over with a fresh release candidate number.
- Otherwise, if the release passes, complete the release on the staging repository.
- Move the distribution artifacts to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/logging/log4j/kotlin/ where a new version directory should be made.
- Login to https://reporter.apache.org/ to record the release.
- Wait 12-24 hours for mirrors to propagate.
- Delete the previous version in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/logging/log4j/kotlin/.
- See ManagingTheWebSite for committing the site to production.
- Update any redirect to point to new version for latest (if applicable).
- Send announcement email (from your apache.org email) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.