OFBiz needs to have at least on main company set up that will represent the main business or organisation.
If you have installed OFBiz with the demo data then the main company already exists.
If you have installed OFBiz without the demo data then it will not exist so you will need to create it.
This is is done in Party Manager.
NOTE: Party Manager is the application where we create all the entities (companies, people, groups, departments) that we deal with in the course of doing business.
TO DO: Add Screen Shots
Login to OFBiz
- Create Party
Select “Party” from the Applications drop down menu
Click “Create New”
The company we are creating is not an individual (person, customer, prospect or employee). It is an organisation and in OFBiz this is called a "party group" (a group of people)
Party ID (e.g Company' Note that you can enter the Party ID manually. If it is not entered OFBiz will auto generate an ID. If you enter the ID Company it will make it easier to locate it quickly in future)
Group Name (e.g “My OFBiz Main Company”. This will be the name of your company)
Click “Save”Next we need to enter some contact details. Find the "Contact Information" section
Click "Create New"
Select "Postal Address"
Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- State / Province
- Zip / Postal Code
- Click Save
- The address will be added - but there is still some missing setup. We need to include a purpose (or use) for the address.
Click “Update” next to the address details
- Select "Primary Address" and Click "Add Purpose
- Select "Shipping Origin Address" and Click "Add Purpose"
- Select "Shipping Destination Address" and Click "Add Purpose"
- The address purpose will be updated. We now need to add a specific role to this party group to let OFBiz know that is an organisation that will have an accounting setup.
In the 'Add to Role' section, use the dropdown box to:
- Select the Role Type Id "Internal Organization"
- Click "Add"
The internal organization role will be added to our new Party Group. Now this is done we can begin the Accounting setup.