OpenWhisk should have a well organized doc website.
OpenWhisk website has a menu item "Documentation" in menu "Docs", which is a hyperlink to docs folder in apache/incubator-openwhisk Github repo.
The docs folder in apache/incubator-openwhisk Github repo is a mix of all kinds of MD files, including:
- README.md: entry point
- about.md: System overview
- actions.md: creating and invoking actions
- annotation.md: annotations used in CLI for OpenWhisk assets ( i.e. actions, triggers, rules, web actions, feeds, etc )
- apigateway.md: How to use API Gateway
- catalog.md: How to use OpenWhisk enabled external services in the /whisk.system namespace.
- cli.md: how to set up, config and use CLI
- feeds.md: Implementing feeds
- mobile_sdk.md: how to install and use the mobile SDK
- packages.md: how to create and use packages with CLI
- reference.md: OpenWhisk system details
- rest_api.md: how to use REST APIs to manage OpenWhisk assets
- samples.md: OpenWhisk samples
- triggers_rules.md: what is triggers & rules and how to use triggers & rules.
- use_cases.md: common use cases of OpenWhisk
- webactions.md: what is web action and how to create and use web actions
- images: useful images in docs and whisk icons in different size
- dev/feature.md: Web actions potential future enhancements
There are also README.md documents in every folder and repository. We should integrate them all together and give a whole picture.
- Well organize the existing docs and publish in OpenWhisk website as an integrated documentation.
- Add scala docs as a developer reference, also a part of the integrated documentation.
Outlines and contents
- Quick start
- Deployment Guides
- Set up with Mac (incubator-openwhisk/tools/macos/README.md)
- Set up with Ubuntu (incubator-openwhisk/tools/ubuntu-setup/README.md)
- Setting up OpenWhisk with Docker-machine (incubator-openwhisk/tools/macos/docker-machine/README.md)
- Deploying OpenWhisk using Ansible (incubator-openwhisk/ansible/README.md)
- Deploying distributed OpenWhisk using Ansible (incubator-openwhisk/ansible/README_DISTRIBUTED.md)
- Programming Guides
- Event driven programming model
- Actions (actions.md)
- Triggers (triggers_rules.md)
- Rules (triggers_rules.md)
- Feeds (feeds.md)
- Web actions (webactions.md)
- API Gateway (apigateway.md)
- Packages (packages.md)
- CLI Guides (cli.md)
- System Catalog Guides (catalog.md)
- Packages Guides
- API Client Guides
- Useful Tools
- Whisk Deploy
- Dev tools
- Restful APIs
- OpenWhisk Contributor Guides
- contributor guides
- Reference: Scala docs
Back end technologies