When Apache Ranger is deployed in any environment, please use the following steps to ensure that your deployment is secure:
- After installation, update passwords for admin accounts. Below admin accounts are created by default.
- admin - change password in Ranger UI
- keyadmin - change password in Ranger UI
- rangerusersync - Use the steps listed in the article Updating rangerusersync password
- rangertagsync - Use the steps listed in the article Tag Sync installation and configuration
- amb_ranger_admin - only applicable in Ambari based installs. Password can be changed in Ranger UI and needs to be updated back in Ambari.
- Enable SSL