REEF commit messages are very stylized. They are valid Markdown and contain:
- A first line referencing the JIRA and a short summary of what change was done. Focus on the change, not on the bug.
- A paragraph or more describing the change. Here, focus on the why?, not the what?
- A formal reference to the JIRA.
- A formal reference to the pull request.
As a contributor
- Please make sure the commit message matches the above template.
- Do not add the pull request number, as it will be known only once you file the PR.
As a committer
- Please check the commit message. It is easy to have the URL or such wrong for a JIRA
- Add the pull request number to the commit before merging.