- Mature and stable
- Widely adopted
- Used by several committers
- Easy to use and learn
- Large Community
What Tags should we include?
- All supported/official Widgets?
- Date Picker
- All supported/official Interactions?
There is some consensus that only supported/official jQuery widgets should be supported. The set of tags should be kept small and simple.
- Topics: this feature has proven to be very easy to use and flexible, so we should have it (and the current Dojo plugin has it)
Things to do/avoid (learned from the Dojo experience)
- Keep the tags simple, for the simple use cases
- Write a cookbook kind of documentation for common uses cases (like the one for Dojo)
- DO NOT try to fix any bugs in jQuery by extending their code and doing our own fixes, this ends up becoming a huge mess.
- Commit rights for original authors ???
- Move the code through IP Clearance
- Bring code into sandbox
- Add tests if necessary (Consensus on Selenium tests)
- Document and add examples to Showcase
- Bring into trunk (after voting etc etc)