This is a page to collect a shared list of use cases for context-specific configuration in Sling-based applications, see discussion on mailing list.
A collection of use cases for what we need context-specific configuration per site, country, region etc. in our projects. According to the term definitions in Multitenancy scenarios and use cases we have always "Massive Multi Site" scenarios.
- Separate Site URLs (external domain names) for HTTP, HTTPs and Author (HTTP and HTTPs often have different domain names due to CDN in front of the webservers)
- Configure different styles of navigation layout depending on preference of the market
- Configure different webfonts to be used based on the markets language and charset
- Configure regexp patterns for browsers in the market for that a "use a newer browser version" should be shown
- Configure Search Integration with a Google Search Appliance or other external Search engines with an market-specific index which could contain CMS-external content as well
- Configure a list of news or event categories for the site
- Switch on/off social sharing integration like addthis.com and configure services to be shown
- Configure user tracking
- Configure links to external systems integrated centrally in the site
- Configure Google Maps integration specific for the country
- Choose between preconfigured SSO systems to activate for a specific site
In general no security-sensitive stuff is stored in the context-specific configuration. If this is needed they are stored in OSGi configurations and referenced from there (e.g. by a named factory configuration).