This page details how to become a committer.
First of all you need to get involved and Contribute via the mail list, forum, issue tracker and submit patches.
Once you're contributing and your work is good, one of our Team might invite you to be a committer (after we've called a vote). When that happens, if you accept, the following process kicks into place...
Becoming a committer steps
- Download and print the Apache Contributor License Agreement from here. You need to sign it and fax it to Apache. In the past I've found its often faster to also post it via snail mail
- wait for your name to appear on the list of received CLAs
- once thats done let us know and we can apply to Apache Infrastructure to have your account created; we'll also need to know
- your full name
- your preferred email address
- your preferred unix account name
Getting started at Apache
Firstly add yourself to the Team page
Enabling your SVN account
Once you've got your Apache account working you need to enable SVN access; See this document for details of using svnpasswd
You should follow this guide to setup your EOL settings.