Projects which integrate SpamAssassin
This is a list of open source projects which have SpamAssassin integrated in some way.
This list should only contain open source or free-software projects. For commercial solutions, see the relevant section on the ThirdPartySoftware page.
- https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-mail-gateway - Proxmox Mail Gateway is an open-source email security solution protecting your mail server against all email threats the moment they emerge. The full featured mail proxy can be easily deployed between the firewall and your internal mail server in only a few minutes. Technologies: Debian, Postfix, Spamassassin, ClamAV, Web Interface, REST API and more.
- amavisd-new – interface between MTA and virus scanners and/or SA
- ClearOS – A Linux-based server/gateway solution for small and distributed organizations
- Exchange Setup Script – A sophisticated VBScript that assists Windows Admins with the setup of a Linux-based Spamassassin Relay for their Exchange / Lotus Notes Servers
- Integration for Lotus Domino – An installation program and set of agents to call SpamAssassin from Lotus Domino servers running under Windows.
- Mail Avenger – Let users run SpamAssassin on messages during the SMTP session
- Mail Toaster – A complete email system with advanced spam filtering tools
- mxHero – A free open source platform and business tool that enhances, protects and audit your email system. Send attachments of any size and receive notification when they are accessed.
- Project Gamera – is an integrated RPM suite that establishes a complete, clusterable anti-spam/anti-virus gateway.
- PSCM – PSCM, an acronym for POSTFIX, Spamassassin, ClamAV, Mailscanner. It is an integrated RPM package featuring a SMTP mail server, with spam filtering and virus scanning capabilities, designed for easy installation and usage.
- Qmail-Scanner – Qmail-Scanner is an add-on for qmail which enables it to scan gatewayed content. Qmail-Scanner is capable of integrating SpamAssassin and anti-virus software such as ClamAV.
- qSheff – qmail wrapper supports many features.
- RadicalSpam – Integrated solution in chroot environment (SpamAssassin/Amavisd-new/Clamav/Razor/Dcc/Postfix/Rbldnsd with Postfix)
- SAOutlook This is an attempt to integrate SpamAssassin into the popular Microsoft Outlook. Also available from the site is a binary release (.exe) of SpamAssassin for Windows.
- SaProxy – Free Open Source Windows POP3 proxy (unsupported)
- SA-Train – Learn rule weights (scores) and bayes model for your own mail collections, with error estimation. Use if the standard score set does not work for you. Also has helpful hints on practical mail collection.
- SpamFuProxy – Free Open Source Windows POP3 proxy (Little version)
- SpamIntelligence for Outlook is an Outlook Plugin based on SpamAssassin 3.0 and Clam AntiVirus. Recently released under the GPL, currently looking for a new maintainer. Fully supports POP3, IMAP, Exchange, and Hotmail/MSN. Stops new mail notifications for spam and hides greyed-out items in IMAP accounts.
- SpamPD – A Perl based SMTP/LMTP proxy daemon (under GPL), which uses SpamAssassin's Mail::SpamAssassin module (permanently loaded) to scan and mark mails. Suitable even for high workloads.
Note for Developers
If your open-source product uses SpamAssassin, and is not listed here, please feel free to edit the page and add details.
However, keep it short here; one paragraph or so. This is a place to introduce your services. Go into details on your web pages.
We reserve the right to edit or even remove whatever's published here (especially if we cannot determine from publically-accessible information that the product does use SpamAssassin).
For fairness, we'd like to keep the items in each category in alphabetical order.