Submitted at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2011
A tool for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
Sqoop was accepted into Apache Incubator on June 11, 2011. Status information is available at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sqoop.html.
Progress since last report:
- Sqoop web site has been created.
- All license headers have been reviewed.
- All Java packages have been migrated from com.cloudera.sqoop to org.apache.sqoop.
- The first incubating release complete - version 1.4.0-incubating.
- Sqoop PPMC voted in two new committers - Alex Newman and Jarek Jarcec Cecho.
- Work on next major release of Sqoop has started.
- Inaugural meetup for Apache Sqoop held in New York on November 7, 2011. It was attended by over 30 users and developers.
Issues before graduation