Submitted at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2011
A tool for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
Sqoop was accepted into Apache Incubator on June 11, 2011. Status information is available at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sqoop.html.
Progress since last report:
- Development activity became stronger over the last month with twelve issues resolved and nine new issues created in this period.
- Sqoop PPMC voted in a new committer on the project - Bilung Lee.
- Sqoop is seeing healthy input from the community with respect to filing JIRA issues and providing patches.
Issues before graduation
- Create Sqoop web site.
- Make an incubating release.
- Grow the community size and diversity.
- review all license headers (all contains Cloudera).
- change java package from com.cloudera.sqoop to org.apache.sqoop.