Apache Trafodion : Transactional SQL-on-Hadoop DBMS
Welcome to Apache Trafodion
Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop. The name "Trafodion" (the Welsh word for transactions, pronounced "Tra-vod-eee-on") was chosen specifically to emphasize the differentiation that Trafodion provides in closing a critical gap in the Hadoop ecosystem. Trafodion builds on the scalability, elasticity, and flexibility of Hadoop. Trafodion extends Hadoop to provide guaranteed transactional integrity, enabling new kinds of big data applications to run on Hadoop.
- Full-functioned ANSI SQL language support
- JDBC/ODBC connectivity for Linux/Windows clients
- Distributed ACID transaction protection across multiple statements, tables and rows
- Performance improvements for OLTP workloads with compile-time and run-time optimizations
- Support for large data sets using a parallel-aware query optimizer
- Reuse existing SQL skills and improve developer productivity
- Distributed ACID transactions guarantee data consistency across multiple rows and tables
- Interoperability with existing tools and applications
- Hadoop and Linux distribution neutral
- Easy to add to your existing Hadoop infrastructure
You can find the Apache Trafodion documentation on the Trafodion web site: http://trafodion.apache.org/documentation.html
The content of this page should move to the website, as it describes the product(s) the project generates. This page should be the starting point of how the project operates and how the organisational setup is (PMC, Committers, Contributors).
The content of this page is being moved to the Trafodion web site. Please don't update.