Class Not Found Issues
This page discusses the various ways you see Class Not Found errors or very similar errors. It is strongly advised you read the following topics:
- Classloader HOWTO pages: Tomcat 7.0, Tomcat 6.0.
- Don't use packageless classes and declare all imported classes!
- Another answer to a classloader issue
If you get a
NoClassDefFoundError exception, the root cause might be the same as for a
- Why is jsp:useBean is not working?
- Why do I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter?
- Why do I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/InputSource?
- Your bean is packaged in a class.
You have fully qualified your class name (e.g.:
You have imported your class into your jsp (e.g.:
<%@ page import="com.bar.package.MyClass"%>
You have conflicting XML api jar files in your classpath. Read the README or RELEASE-NOTES for more information.