Report copied to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2009
Sling is a scriptable web framework that uses a Java Content Repository, such as Apache Jackrabbit, to store and manage content.
Sling entered incubation on September 5th, 2007.
- With the new year, new activity has sparked around Sling and new people come to use Sling
- Sling will be the subject of various sessions at ApacheCon EU, and interest in JCR in general is increasing, which should help Sling as well.
- We're expecting to do a new release real soon now, after closing a few outstanding issues.
- Rory Douglas contributed OpenID authentication support for Sling.
- Due to timing constraints work on enhancing the documentation on the site has not gone forward yet.
Issues before graduation
- Grow a more diverse community. Activity of non-Day people is growing which we see as a good sign, that this is finally taking off - but we're not there yet.
Licensing and other issues